Registering with the BIR
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments
1. Special books of accounts are required for registering with the BIR. The books of accounts are sold at bookstores nationwide.
2. If the company has a computerized accounting system (CAS), it may opt to register its CAS under these Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) procedures.
3. The BIR Computerized System Evaluation Team is required to inspect and evaluate the company’s CAS within 30 days from receipt of the application form (BIR Form No. 1900) and complete documentary requirements.
4. Apply for Certificate of Registration (COR) and TIN at the BIR business owner/ taxpayer obtains the TIN, the company must pay the annual registration fee of PHP 500 at any accredited bank, using payment form BIR Form 0605.
5. All newly formed corporations subject to SEC registration are issued pre-generated TIN by the SEC-Head Office. The corporation has to register its pre-generated TIN with the BIR and report all internal revenue taxes that it expects to be liable for.
6. The requirements for application for COR with the BIR are:
a. Duly accomplished and filled-out BIR Form No. 1903 (Application for Registration for Corporations);
b. Payment Form (BIR Form No. 0605);
c. SEC Certification of Incorporation;
d. Articles of Incorporation and By-laws;
e. Contract of Lease (with BIR Form No. 2000 and supporting BIR Payment Form as proof of payment of documentary stamp tax on the lease agreement); The documentary stamp tax return must be filed and the tax paid on or before the fifth (5th) day after the close of the month of approval of SEC registration.
f. Documentary Stamp Tax Return (BIR Form No. 2000) on the original issuance of shares and Payment Form (for the DST payment); and
g. Mayor’s Permit/Business Permit Application (stamped as “received” by the Business Licensing Division of the local government)
h. Pay the registration fee and documentary stamp taxes (DST) at the AAB.
i. Obtain the authority to print receipts and invoices from the BIR.