Public Entertainment Licence

  • Act/Rule/Legislation

  • Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation

  • Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance

    Ongoing compliance requirement

  • Filing and Maintenance Requirements

    Unless specifically exempted, a public entertainment or arts entertainment licence is required under the Public Entertainments & Meetings Act for any entertainment that is provided in any place to which the public or any class of public has access, whether gratuitously or otherwise. The license can generally be processed in 12 days.

  • Penalty

    (1) The Licensing Officer may, in the Licensing Officer's discretion, compound any offence under this Act which is prescribed as a compoundable offence by collecting from a person reasonably suspected of having committed the offence a sum not exceeding the lower of the following: (a) one half of the amount of the maximum fine that is prescribed for the offence; (b) $5,000 On payment of such sum of money, no further proceedings shall be taken against such person in respect of the offence. All sums collected under this section must be paid into the Consolidated Fund."

  • Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments

    PE Establishment Licence The common establishments that may require a PE licence are: •Nightspots such as bar, cabaret/ nightclub, cafe, discotheque, KTV lounge, lounge, pub, restaurant or snack bar •Amusement centre •Billiard saloon •Computer games centre •Shop operating crane/ game machines PE Ad-hoc Licence The following is a list of commonly held public entertainments that require an ad-hoc licence: a.Acrobatic or gymnastic show b.Beauty pageant or fashion show (other than those exempted) c.Boxing or wrestling d.Circus e.Computer games f.Demonstration of art & craft, culture or sports (other than those exempted) g.Game machine/ pin-table (other those exempted) h.Games of skill (other than those exempted) i.Magic shows (other than those exempted) j.Performance of music, singing or dancing or variety act (other than arts entertainment and those exempted) k.Transmission of recorded music (other than those exempted)